Value Added: Assembly & Finishing
IN-HOUSE CAPABILITIES INCLUDING ROBOTICS
- Resistance (more than 14,000,000 functional welds sold in 2008)
- Cosmetic (Corner finishing of brushed stainless steel & cold rolled steel cosmetic parts)
- Orbital Riveting: (more than 6,000,000 orbital rivets sold in 2008)
- Mechanical Metal Joining:
- Tox-lock (more than 8,000,000 tox-lock sold in 2008)
- PEM & Weld nut installation
- General Assembly:
- Installing sub-assemblies to metal
stampings with screws, snap fits, & press fits:
- Stand offs
- Plastic components
- Metal brackets
- Decorative plates
- Installing sub-assemblies to metal stampings with screws, snap fits, & press fits:
- Heat Treat
- Plastic Injection Over-molding
2 fully automated powder coating lines
- 7 stage pre-treatment system with iron phosphate & De-ionized rinse
- 2 “in-line” spray booths in two separate rooms for quick color change over
- Paints 5 colors & capable of many new colors
- World class cosmetic finishes
- Capable of achieving 750 hours salt spray when painting over e-coat base.
- Capable of achieving 500 hours salt spray when painting over raw cold rolled steel.
- (Currently) Largest part painted: 384 square inches
- Process window: 44” tall by 30” wide
- Painting polyurethane powders
- Painting as many as 2,000 pcs/hour
- 5 stage pre-treatment with iron phosphate
- Paints in 3 colors
- FDA approved powder
- Capable of achieving 500 hours salt spray when painting over raw cold rolled steel
- (Currently) Largest part painted: 270 square inches
- Process window: 64” tall by 30” wide
- Painting Polyester & Hybrid powders
- Painting as many as 7,000 pcs/hour
Our process is entirely enclosed from beginning to end. It is common to see in other companies, a part to be painted being exposed to the general plant environment from the exit of the pretreatment area to the time it enters the paint room. In our process, the part is never exposed to the outside environment thus reducing the opportunity for contamination to the product or the overall process.
Pad printing and Screen printing capabilities gives nth/works the ability to print 3-dimensional and 2-dimensional surfaces/parts along with capability to print multiple color graphics.
- 3 automated pad print machines
- Pad printing system has the ability to use various colors and ink cup sizes (provides broad graphics capability to customer)
- Multi color printing, equipment has the ability to print 5 different colors currently, but the equipment can easily be modified to support 6 different colors.
- Image size: As small as 1 square inch. On the large size…the sky can be the limit in some respects because we can print multiple images on one part (single image on the large size is around 6.5”…limited by the size of pad).
- Capable of printing on 2-D & 3-D surfaces.
- 2 stand alone screen printers with UV flash curing units and convection curing oven.
- Ability to print solvent and UV hybrid inks
- Printing capabilities up to 2 colors
- This process is more of a manual process when compared to our pad printing process (pad printers make use of servo to select different colors, screen printing requires one screen printer/color).
- Image size: As small as 1 square inch. On the large size we can print approximately 10” x 30”
- Capable of printing on 2-D surfaces