Quality & Error Proofing
ISO Certified (2006) TS 16949 Certified (2009)
Error-Proofing: Realtime Process Monitoring With Electronic Sensors
When Statistical Process Monitoring (SPC) is not enough to guarantee 100% good parts on critical dimensions, only a real-time electronic sensor based set of technologies can assure our customers of our quality. From stamping on through assembly and finishing, we use digital and analog electronic sensors to patrol the manufacturing processes. This technology supplements our certified quality procedures and ensures that the manufacturing processes are robust and at maximum performance levels while maintaining the highest levels of quality.
Die Protection & Process Automation
- Six full time staff dedicated to die protection and process automation activities
- Ongoing effort to upgrade automation controls on all presses to Wintriss SmartPAC 2
- Ongoing effort to redesign die protection sensing scheme on all tooling in house- roughly 200 dies
- Some dies in our plant have up to 48 sensors
- Work with tool designers to integrate appropriate sensors into new tool designs
- 300 sq. ft. sensing and automation development lab for in house sensor testing, design, and programming
- Recently addition of LabVIEW programming software and expanded testing capability in the lab to begin building dimensional check fixtures and to automatically check part dimensions and record the data.
- Working to develop in die measurement capability and automatic die adjustments on the fly based on those measurements